This tour and the walk is full of beautiful landscapes and visits to Humantay, Abra Salkantay, Santa Teresa, Colcalmayo (thermal baths), the town of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes), the archaeological site of Machu Picchu (wonder of the modern world) and Huayna Picchu or Mountain (optional).
Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa – Humantay Lagoon
We will begin our adventure by recognizing a passenger from their own hotels before embarking on a 4-hour bus ride. Halfway through the ride, we will stop at Mollepata at an altitude of 2,900 m for 20 or 30 minutes of rest, then continue our journey directly to the last bus stop in Challacancha, where we will meet our porters and horses that will carry the equipment. And we started our hiking tour. To begin our trek to Soraypampa at 3,900m. When we arrived in Soraypampa, we will establish the base camp from where we can enjoy the beautiful views of the snow peak of Salkantay. and where we will have rest to have lunch. After lunch, we will visit Humantay Lake at 4,200 m before we begin our return to base camp in Soraypampa around 5:00 p.m. where our camping equipment will be waiting for our travelers with a delicious dinner.
Timetable day 1:
- 04:30 – 05:00 AM Pick up from each of the passengers that are located around the historic center of Cusco.
- 05:00 – 07:30 AM From Cusco to Mollepata by tourist bus.
- 07:30 – 08:00 AM Time for breakfast in Mollepata.
- 08:30 – 09:30 AM From Mollepata to Cha’llacancha.
- 09:30 AM – 13.00 PM Start of the hike to Soraypampa (camp).
- 13:00 – 14:00 PM Lunch / rest or free time.
- 14:00 – 15:30 PM Hike to the Humantay Lagoon.
- 15:30 – 16:00 PM Apacheta Ritual for Pachamama and free time.
- 16:00 – 17:30 PM Return to the base camp (Soraypampa).
- 18:30 – 19:30 PM Rest and free time.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Wuayracpampa – Chaullay
Early in the morning we will take our breakfast and then we will start a 3 hour hike until we reach the highest point of our expedition, the Salkantay Pass (4,600 ma). From there, we walk towards Wayracpunku (Huayra Pampa), for our next meal. Then, the trip will continue going to the high jungle, where we will observe large trees with their arms extended over the streams, all full of bromeliads and orchids. This walk will last around 5 hours to reach our camp in Chaullay (2,900 masl.) Where we will have dinner and rest
timetable day 2:
- 05:00 – 05:30 AM Awaken the passengers and the coca tea, to each one.
- 05:30 – 06:00 AM Breakfast.
- 06:00 AM – 13.00 PM Start the trekking from Soraypampa to Huayra Pampa.
- 13:00 – 14:00 PM Lunch and rest in the huayra pampa.
- 14:00 – 17:00 PM The trekking starts from Huayra Pampa to Chaullay.
- 17:00 – 18:00 PM Free time and rest.
- 6:00 – 7:30 PM Dinner / rest for the next day.
Day 3: Chaullay – The Beach – Santa Teresa
After having breakfast around 6:30 am, we will head towards Sahuyaco (La Playa 2,080 masl). We will have lunch in this place. Then we continue our trip in our transport to Santa Teresa (1,550 masl) where we will establish our base camp and enjoy a relaxing reward in Cocalmayo (hot springs). Then, we will have a traditional Peruvian dinner and rest well to prepare. the next day.
Timetable day 3:
- 06:00 – 06:30 AM Wake up the passengers.
- 06:30 – 07:00 AM Breakfast.
- 07:00 – 11:30 AM The trekking starts from Chaullay to La Playa.
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM Lunch / rest and free time.
- 13:00 – 15:00 PM By bus from La Playa to Santa Teresa.
- 15:00 – 17:30 PM Hot springs.
- 17:30 – 18:30 PM Return to Santa Teresa.
- 18:30 – 19:30 PM Dinner / rest for the next day.
4: Santa Teresa – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town)
The next morning, after a good breakfast, the bus awaits us. Those who book in advance will zip-lining. The rest of the group will go to the Hidroelectrica meeting point where the whole group will join to have lunch after the activities. After a bit of relaxation in this place, we will continue walking along the railroad that leads through this great jungle that the Incas knew by heart until our final destination: Aguas Calientes. We walk for about 3 hours and you will find beautiful waterfalls, different ecological farms and possibly the curious wildlife of your arrival in the region (arrival fixed around 4:00 pm). Here the group will spend the night in a hostel. At night we will all meet at a local restaurant to enjoy a great dinner and have an informative session about our next excursion to Machu Picchu. Then you can visit the city.
Timetable day 4:
- 06:30 – 07:00 AM Awakening.
- 07:00 – 07:30 AM Breakfast.
- 07:30 – 10:30 AM Zipline activity (optional).
- 10:30 – 11:30 AM Private transportation to hydroelectric power station.
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM Lunch and rest in the hammocks or free time.
- 13:00 – 16:00 PM Start the trek to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Village).
- 18:00 PM Meeting with the guide in the square for an informative session for the next day.
- 18:30 – 19:30 PM Dinner / rest for the next day.
Day 5: Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town) – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We prepare around 4:00 am to go up to Machu Picchu, the hike will follow an ascending trail that crosses the high jungle, just in time to see the spectacular sunrise. After passing the control entrance around 6:00 am, our group will have a private guided tour for 2 hours in the Inca citadel, then passengers can enjoy Machu Picchu on their own. Late in the afternoon, according to the departure time of the train, the group will descend to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where all will be picked up and transferred to Cusco. The group must be at the train station at least 30 minutes before departure. The Salkantay Trek ends in the Plaza de San Francisco, Cusco.
Timetable day 5:
- 04:00 – 04:20 AM Wake up all the passengers for the last day.
- 04:20 – 06:00 AM Start walking to see the spectacular sunrise in the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 06:00 – 08:30 AM Our group will have a private guided tour in the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 08:30 AM – 12:00 PM Free time to enjoy Machu Picchu on your own (also passengers who booked for an additional, can go up to the Mountain or Huayna Picchu at 9 am with the second group).
- 12:00 – 12:30 PM The group will descend walking towards Aguas Calientes.
- 12:30 – 15:40 PM Free time in hot waters.
- 15:40 – 16:00 PM Walk to the train station for the departure time to Ollantaytambo.
- 16:00 – 17:40 PM Returning from hot waters by train to Ollantaytambo (depending on the departure of your train).
- 17:55 – 20:00 PM Transfer from Ollantaytambo station by private bus to Plaza San Francisco in Cusco, where it will be the last bus stop (arrival time will depend on traffic in Cusco).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SERVICE:
- Briefing for the passenger before day
- Daffle bag for the passenger to carry 7 kilos of luggage including sleeping bag
- Private transportation from Cusco to Soraypampa
- Professional bilingual guide English – Spanish
- Horses to load the 7 kilos of passengers’ luggage
- 4 breakfasts
- 4 lunches
- 4 dinners
- 3 snacks or tea time
- 3 awake tees
- 1 night at the MOUNTAIN SKY HUT Lodge with pillows, mattresses and night lighting
- 2 nights of camping in the Andean things
- 1 night of Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Transportation from Sahuayaco Beach to Santa Teresa
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo – 18:20 p.m.
- Transfer Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- First aid kit, first aid kit and oxygen balloon.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- First breakfast
- Last lunch
- Mollepata income
- Thermal baths of Santa Teresa
- Personal expenses
WE HAVE THE BEST TECHNICAL SUPPORT
PROFESSIONAL GUIDES, all the guides we work with are experienced guides who speak English very well and are a guide authorized by DIRCETUR.
- Professional guides graduated from institutes and universities.
- Advanced English level.
- Good group management.
- Experienced in guiding on the Salkantay Trek route.
- Trained in first aid.
EXPERIENCED COOKERS, Every cook working on the Salkantay route with us has the corresponding training in customer service, food preparation, hygiene, and presentation.
VEHICLES AND DRIVERS, All the units that we use for this tour are SPRINTER – MERCEDEZ BENS cars of 19 people which are modern vehicles with all the documents in order and operator by professional drivers.
FOOD THE BEST, everything we offer is fresh and prepared by experienced chefs and provided in pleasant environments.
- Lunches and dinners are buffet
- Breakfasts are nutritious and balanced
- We offer TEA TIME in each camp
- We woke up passengers with coca tea
- Vegetable and vegan food without any additional cost
- Snacks consist of local fruits and cookies
- LIFE SNACK, this type of snack is very important for mountain tours which contain chocolates, caramels, coca leaves, mini bottle of water delivered when boarding the car in returnable bags.
- TEAM, we provide the best equipment so that all customers enjoy their adventure
- In the first camp that is Quiswarniyoc, our cabins have mattresses, pillows, and lighting
- The last two camps are with Andean huts in which the tents of four stations are installed, Carpas Kailas 08 and Pro – Aconcagua that have a capacity for every 4 people, but is used for every 2 people.
- The matras are made of 2-inch thick zebra foam and lined with Cuerina
- We provide pillows to each passenger
- We provide a pair of professional canes for each passenger for the entire Trek.
EXCLUSIVE CAMPS, all places where passengers spend the night in exclusive and private places.
- First camp: we have the MOUNTAIN SKY HUTS installed
- We have ease of real bathrooms in each camp
- We have dining and kitchen facilities in each camp where we come to rest
- The camps are for the exclusive use of our groups.
DAFFLE BAG + 7 KILOS, each passenger is included to put 7 kilos of his personal luggage for the horses for which they will receive a daffle bag
- The passenger will be given a daffle bag to enlist his 7 kilos for which ride on horses, the daffle bag is usually delivered on the day of the briefing.
- The seven kilos of the passenger will travel by horse and then by car and train until reaching hot waters. This means that the passenger walks alone with his small backpack during the whole trek
- Passengers have access to their luggage in each camp
HOTEL IN AGUAS CALIENTES, all rooms have private bathroom and hot shower.
- Hot shower 24 hours
- Wi-fi internet
- Provide towels, paper, soap
- All rooms have private bathrooms
- Cable TV.
- You can book double, triple, matrimonial, according to affinity
SIZE OF GROUPS, Group service maximum 16 people with 02 guides, usually groups of 12 passengers are made.
TO MAKE A RESERVATION WE REQUEST THE FOLLOWING:
- Full name of each participant
- Passport number
- Pick-up hotel
- Detail of the inclusions
- Food restriction
Size of groups, Usually groups of 12 people are made with a maximum of 16 people per group.
PAYMENTS AND RESERVATION CONDITIONS:
- The payment for the service must be made before the passenger leaves or the same day of the service prior coordination.
- Cancellations are accepted up to 24 hours before the date of service if you want to recover 100% of the payment.
- Cancellations within 24 hours will have a penalty of S / 100.00 soles per passenger.
|Hike to Salkantay and Machu Picchu in 5 days and 4 nights Us$290 Dólares|